Since we are fortunate enough to live within walking distance of a pond, I thought this would be a perfect unit. We’re going to spend a few weeks on it since there is so much to cover! Here’s what he woke up to:
A pond themed small world
His fishing game
And some shelf work which I’ll add to as I see what he likes/dislikes:
Sorting and pond themed bead pouring
Marbles on a “lilypad” and smaller pompoms with smaller tweezers (working on those fin motor skills!)
A story basket for our fingerplay Five Speckled Frogs and a bug feeding frog (there are tweezers for this too but they aren’t pictured)
He immediately went for the fishing game and told me all the colors! “Great White Shark, Black Eel, Goldfish, Red Snapper”
Had to add this picture since his fans were cooling each other off.
I thought this bug feeding would be a little young for him , but he LOVED it! He’s probably done it 20 times now which is how I actually got some pictures! We used it for a math exercise this day to work on the numbers 6-8 which he has a little trouble with on the 1:1 correspondence. He had NO interest in using forceps/tweezers for it since they were much more challenging than the tongs he is used to.
Don’t mind the dried yogurt coating his face!
Stay tuned for more posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.