Friday, August 8, 2014

The Longest Covered Bridge in the United States

 

I knew that would get your attention.  But before I get to this feat of engineering… Lunch at the Lodge in Geneva.  Perfect because the kids were able to play in the grass while we waited for lunch.

IMG_7503

IMG_7504

IMG_7505

IMG_7506

Three attempts to get Owen to smile…

1.  IMG_7507

2.  IMG_7509

3.  IMG_7510

 

IMG_7511

IMG_7512

 

OK you’ve waited long enough… here it is… the Smolen Gulf Covered Bridge

IMG_7513

IMG_7514     IMG_7515

IMG_7516     IMG_1803

 

In fifteen years, this will be on display at his graduation party.  He will hate it, just like I hate my forest ranger picture.

IMG_1804     IMG_7519

IMG_7521     IMG_7524

IMG_7526     IMG_7527

IMG_7529

 

Time to walk the bridge!

IMG_7530

IMG_7532

IMG_7533

 

The Ashtabula River… very pretty, but not a river you play in.

IMG_7535     IMG_1805

I hope it was everything you expected it to be and more! Winking smile

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe we never went there. Well have to visit the bridge next time we come up. Mom

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.