Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Funny (Not So Funny) Thing Happened

Side note:  It all started when I told him that we go places to play with other kids so he can make new friends.   So he asked who his friends were, and I named a few and then some family members.  So you can see where his logic train started.

Not so Funny: Owen has been having a rough few days… problems with aggression (our ongoing issue), going to bed, getting dressed- the normal day-to-day.  His latest thing, however, is that whenever he knows he’s about to get in trouble or do something he doesn’t want to, he tells me “I’m so sad; I need a friend (meaning Mom/Dad)!”   We feel bad, but he’s overplayed it now.

Funny: I think the funnier display of this new "friend" idea, is when we met our friends Erin, Max, and Levi at the park to play.  Owen didn't want to go, and I said "We're going to go see our friends and make new friends!"  As soon as we got there, he ran up to Erin and yelled "I'm going to make new friends!"  I think she had to listen to him repeat it about 100 times.  He also went up to some Spanish speaking family with a five year old and walked next to them, while mouthing across the playground to me, that he was making new friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.