Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Jump Time

 

I think I’ve briefly mentioned before how O has been having some issues with aggression.  Basically any strong emotion he feels (happy, sad, mad, nervous), he responds with clenched teeth, then balled fists, then usually hitting or biting.  Pretty typical preschooler behavior, but we needed a way (quick) to redirect his feelings since he’s still too young to calm himself and “use his words” (shoot sometimes I still don’t!).  So we did some research and found that some parents were having success with indoor trampolines since it provides a lot of sensory feedback and allows them to channel the emotion into something.  So we gave it a shot!  (Two weeks to a newborn makes you try anything!)

It has made a HUGE difference!!  We rarely need time-ins or time-outs; now he has “jump time” as soon as we see him getting ramped up.  He either counts 20 jumps or jumps the alphabet.  He LOVES this thing so much and is on it constantly!  Plus all I have to do is watch- haha!

IMG_2488 

 

Here is some video, too!  The first one he jumped so hard he jumped out of his pants!  haha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.