(Warning: This post is going to sound braggy!)
OK, so for about a year Owen has been pointing out words he reads on signs or in stores. He has also memorized books, and it’s not unusual for him to recite an entire book to you. For the past few months, Ryan has been saying that he thinks he’s actually reading his books. I kind of dismissed it since Owen can memorize a book pretty quickly. Well, we were reading Bear Gives Thanks this morning and had probably only read it a handful of times since it was new. I noticed Owen would move his eyes to follow what I was reading, so I decided to have him try reading. Then I started asking him to point to specific words so I could see if he was just reciting it. He definitely doesn’t know every word and doesn’t “sound out” words, but he is sure able to read and recognize quite a few of them! I thought I’d share because I was just amazed!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.