Friday, November 8, 2013

Tricycle Fears Begone!

 

Owen and I were in the front yard, and I was trying to get him to ride his trike.  Well he kept saying no, no, no.  So finally I said, Owen it’s a quiet toy… it doesn’t make noise.  I saw him glance at the bell quickly.  There was my ah-ha moment!  I took off the bell, and he was still reluctant.  He wanted a snack so I told him he had to sit on it for 30 seconds first.  Fortunately, he has no idea what thirty seconds is so I just started counting.  When I got to 150, he replied “Mommy why are you counting?”  I said “I’m waiting for you to try the pedals.”  So he put his feet on them, and I started counting again.  Finally I told him we should play the mouse game but with the tricycle. (In the mouse game, he rides his wheelybug mouse to each of our neighbors’ houses where I feed it cheese.)  I asked what a tricycle would eat, and he said “chicken”.  That my friends, is how Owen learned to ride a tricycle… well ride downhill at least!  Steering and going uphill are our current challenges.

IMG_3471IMG_3472

IMG_3473IMG_3474

 

Here’s a little video too

1 comment:

We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.