We went to the bank one day this week which resulted in Owen getting a unicorn and a lollipop! Big day!
I think the best part is that I realized our son is already sarcastic! Here is how it went:
Bank teller: “Would you like a lollipop?”
Owen: “Yes please” (received lollipop)
Bank teller: “Ooh wait one second I have something else for you!” (we wait a minute while she goes in the back)
Bank teller: (handing Owen unicorn and pointing at my belly) Here, now you can have a baby too!
Owen: (looking at me) “Is it a puppy?”
Me: “No it’s a unicorn”
Teller: “Now you have a baby!”
Owen: (looks at unicorn, looks at teller, looks at me, looks back at teller and replies with TOTAL deadpan delivery) “I’m having a baby sister.”
I of course thank her profusely and ask Owen to say thank you. Then I laugh hysterically when we’re in the car and call Ryan!
He does love his baby though!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.