Nona and Papa wrapped up their Ohio trip and Dad came home from Washington DC! Owen is in a big tower phase right now. He would have a whole conversation (both sides) to himself when he wanted to play: “Let’s build a tower!” “OK” “Dads going to help build a tower” “OK Owen let’s build a tower.” It was pretty funny to hear.
Papa taught him you have to start with a strong base, so now he always tells me: “Get the red blocks, we need a strong base!”
He loves building them to the point where he can barely reach to put the final block. Then he hugs the tower and knocks it over.
After reading curious George and the Pancake Breakfast, you can guess what he wanted to eat.
Daily Tidbits from the Week:
- One of the funniest things Owen has started doing is talking like a book character. He will say, “I would like a snack, said Owen” I guess we read a lot!
- Owen was shocking Nona and Papa with how many words he reads. He just randomly points to things and says, “That says ____” I would guess he reads between 50-75 words, maybe more if you add in environmental print like WalMart, Target, Costco, etc. Granted he’s not sounding them out, but he is recognizing patterns to words for sure!
- As you know Owen hates any songs that sound sad or lullaby-ish. So the other day I was singing Jack Johnson (acoustic guitar music), and he walked in the room and said, “Mommy please stop singing right now.” I said, “You can’t tell Mommy not to sing.” and he replied, “Yes please stop.”
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.