Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Funny Thing Happened


Our dear sweet Owen is officially in the “Why?” stage.  Over the course of October it has dramatically ramped up!  Every sentence in a book, every action you make, every thing you say… why? why? why?  We love it but WHEW, it is exhausting!

Owen has had some good quotes lately, but I always forget them if I don’t write them down right away!  Here are a few from October and November!

The destruction that is quiet time and occasionally nap time (his head is behind the blocks)!
Yes he's getting a sleeping bag for his birthday!

10.13.13  I went in O’s room to wake him up from a nap, and he sat straight up and said “We don’t want anything to eat our faces!”  I was taken aback so I said “What do you mean?”  and he replied “We don’t want the spaghetti sauce to eat our face!”  (Back story:  I had explained the previous night that he had to wipe the spaghetti sauce off his cheeks because his skin is sensitive, and he gets a rash.)

10.18.13  Dad was putting Owen to bed, and Owen kept trying to lick his face!  Dad said what are you doing, and he replied “I want to lick your mustache!” and proceeded to lick his stubble!

10.22.13  Nona and Papa had sent Owen an inflatable Halloween cat.  Well Owen blew it up with his air pump and then immediately asked me to deflate it so Dexter didn’t pop it (??).  When I deflated it, he looked at it and said “I didn’t love him very much.”

10.23.13  We went to the pet store to buy Dexter more food.  While we were checking out, he starts laughing hysterically and says “I tooted!  I’m stinking up the place!!”

10.24.13  I was putting Owen to bed and telling him the Princess and the Pea story.  When I said the prince and princess got married, he said, “Mommy I’m going to marry you!”  I chuckled and said “Well I’m already married to Daddy.”  He thought for a minute and said, “Okay, I’ll marry you AND Daddy!”

10.28.13  Owen has been in the habit of stripping his bed and putting all his blankets on the floor.  I walked in to tell him quiet time was over, and he looked at me and said, “Mom I’m in the desert!!”

10.30.13  Owen is VERY negative when he’s tired or not getting his way.  So Dad said “Owen don’t be a hater.”  Now whenever Owen is getting upset he says “I’m going to be a hater.  I’m a hater”

11.1.13  I walked in on Owen at the end of quiet time, and he was taking his sheets, blankets and pillowcases and wrapping his books.  He looked up and said “Mommy, I’m making myself presents!!”

11.4.13  We were in the car, and I asked Owen if Margot was awake or asleep.  He said: “Hmm, she’s half asleep.”  I asked what he meant and he said “One eye is open, one eye is closed!”

11.6.13  Owen is finally acknowledging he has a sister!! Yay!  He loves to refer to himself as “brother” and says “Margot, brother will get your diaper.”  My favorite is that when she wakes up in the morning, he will go into her room, while I start her bottle, and say “Margot, Mommy is getting your bottle ready!” or “Don’t worry, Mommy’s coming!”  He also said “I love you sister” for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, so sweet! O will be a great big brother and always be there to watch over Margot.
    XO, Nona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Robbie Miller's never ending, " But WHY... Mr. Dougall" ? Dad still has flashbacks when he hears the word why, can't wait till he gets to Memphis.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.