Today we studies dinosaur fossils! Last night, Dad and I made dinosaur fossil rocks for O to excavate in the morning. Inside were these cool dinosaur skulls!
Out went the nest and in went excavation tools!
At circle time we read two books about digging up fossils: Bones, Bones, Dinosaur Bones and Digging Up DInosaurs. THen we went outside to find our own bones. Truth be told, these rocks REALLY frustrated O. They didn’t quite crack open and had to be chiseled away, which was a little too much work to keep him interested. I think we got through about 3.
Washing his dino skulls.
Then we moved on to a dino dig in the sandbox. This little paleontologist found a new way of looking for dinos, he would walk around until he stepped on one!
After it started getting hot, we came inside for some shelf work. First we did dinosaur counting, and he did great!
Then we washed our baby dinos from yesterday so we could put them away. I had put out a little Mickey Mouse Soap that I knew would instantly attract him to this activity!
And it did!
He loved scrubbing them with the soap bar and dipping them in the water!
Then we laid them on a big towel to dry next to him. He had even more fun trying to get them in and out of the Toob container!
Here are some videos from our day!
Breaking open fossil rocks
Fossil Dig One
Fossil Dig Two
Running and dumping fossils in his wagon (I believe)
Washing dinosaurs Part 1
Washing dinosaurs part 2
Luckily O’s dino loving Dad gets to help him with the remaining dino eggs this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
We love comments! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently not moderating comments so you should see them right away. Let me know if you have any problems.