Owen has always taken a particular interest in the author and illustrator of the books we read. We always name both before we read a book. For a few months now, he would always say who the author/illustrator was before we read a book. I didn’t really think much of it- UNTIL- the other night.
I had gotten Owen a new book called The Carrot Seed. We were sitting around outside, and I mentioned to Dad that it was illustrated by Crockett Johnson. Here is what happened:
Mom: What other book do we have that is written or illustrated by Crockett Johnson. It sounds familiar
Dad: I’m not sure, but it does sound familiar
Owen: (without even looking up from his snack) Harold and the Purple Crayon
We were obviously dumbfounded because HE WAS RIGHT! So we started quizzing him on other books. It quickly became apparent that we needed to get it on video. Enjoy!
At this point, I think he knows almost all of the books we’ve read at least few times. It’s crazy!
Owen, you are an amazing little boy!
ReplyDeleteLove, Nona & Papa